Ruiwen (Lisa) Wang
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2017
Education (previous degree): Smith College, Bachelor of Arts, Major in Mathematics and Economics
- Internship: Citi: Global Modeling and Risk Analytics, focusing on the Credit Risk Scoring and Model Development (Summer 2017)
- Academic Project: Portfolio Optimization and VAR Analysis Under Heavy Tail Assets (Spring 2017)
- Leadership: Vice President, Smith College/Chinese Inter-regional Student Cultural Organization (CISCO) (Fall 2015 to Spring 2016)
- Smith College: Teaching Assistant for Mathematics Department (Fall 2014 to Spring 2016)
- Smith College: Phonathon Caller for Smith Fund (Fall 2015 & Spring 2016)
Hobbies: Ballet; Piano Playing; Drawing; Calligraphy; Cooking; Traveling
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
I am fascinated by the dynamic, challenging and group-oriented environment in the financial industry. It provides me with the opportunity to utilize my strong quantitative skills and leadership abilities to provide innovative ideas and to make an impact.
What makes you unique?
I have an intrinsic understanding of the fundamental concepts and theories behind financial markets and their operations. My volunteer experience, leadership abilities, and my involvement as a student caller has helped me acquire strong interpersonal and communication skills.