MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2018
Education (previous degree): The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK); Bachelor of Science with Honors, Second Class Upper Division; Major in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management Science; Double Minors in Mathematics and Statistics
- Ernst & Young Advisory Services Limited: Quantitative Risk Analyst Intern in Market Risk Modeling and Analytics (Summer 2016)
- Morningstar, Inc.: Data Analyst Intern in Global Fund Research (Summer 2015)
- China Construction Bank: Summer Intern in Corporate Banking Department, responsible for credit analysis (Summer 2014)
- Academic Project: Equity Research Project on 2255.HK under the supervision of Credit Suisse (Spring 2016)
- Leadership: Team Leader of CUHK Clover Social Service (Spring 2014)
Hobbies: Volunteer work, reading, traveling and running
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
I find it fascinating how different political, natural or social factors can affect the financial industry. By working in such a dynamic field, I hope to explore the rules and patterns of finance while utilizing my quantitative and analytical skills.
What makes you unique?
I have been doing volunteer work since high school. I learned to make plans, organize events, and most importantly, communicate with others, which helped me to be open to different perspectives and supportive of goals bigger than my own.